DBS Cymru is the registered Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Umbrella Body for the charity Mental Health Matters Wales (MHM Wales) based in Bridgend, South Wales.
Our Disclosure and Barring Service registration number for MHM Wales is 30023800006
MHM Wales aquired the registered umbrella body known as CRB Wales in August 2018 who have been registered as a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Umbrella Body in February 2002 (when the CRB Disclosure programme was first launched). Since August 2018, DBS Cymru has continued to provide the DBS service and maintain the steady existing loyal customer base as well as facilitating DBS checks for a number of new clients.
MHM Wales is an independent registered Umbrella Body and does not receive any additional funding for the service it provides. As a consequence, we rely entirely on our administration fee for continuation of our service.
- Our commitment to our clients, is we will at all times offer a professional and confidential service.
- Our countersignatories are always availible to give up to date and concise guidance of the DBS process over the phone or by email.
- We will throughly check all applications to ensure no information is omitted or errors present. Our aim is to countersign and submit each application to the DBS within one working day of us receiving the application, provided the application has been completed correctly and also you have assured us that the applicant's identity has been checked to the required standard outlined in DBS guidance.
- We can assure our customers we treat all data and information received is handled in the strictest confidence, and all information received retained in connection with DBS checks complies with the provision of the Data Protection Act 2018, incorporating GDPR. For more information, please refer to our policy section of our website.
- DBS Cymru is annually audited by the DBS, who review our service and policies. At our last aduit (July 2021) we met all the criteria to remain operating as a registered umbrella body to an excellent standard.